Job Description – RN
Place of Employment: Client homes, work sites outside of the client home as required, and other work sites as required by Empower Staffing LLC’s management.
Accountable to Empower Staffing LLC’s Director, Administrator, Manager, Supervisor, or Nurse-in-Charge.
Job Summary: The LPN/LVN is a front-line position acting as a representative for Empower Staffing LLC’s and providing the services offered by the company. The LPN/LVN duties are not limited to those listed as the position has a wide scope of duties at times dependent on the client and always under the auspices of the company. The LPN/LVN will mostly work independently of co-workers or supervisors and therefore must balance good judgment and initiative along with the policies of the company It is the responsibility of a staff Registered Nurse under the supervision of an RN Manager, RN Supervisor, RN Assistant Director of Nursing, RN Director of Nursing, and Administrator to perform routine treatments and services in the delivery of care to the residents. An RN must serve as a staff nurse, and at times, a charge nurse on the floor and irresponsible for daily work assignments of the LPNs, LVNs, and nursing assistants. An RN will provide information for the valuations of nursing assistants and LPN’s concerning performance appraisals and in educating, consoling, or listening to families and clients.
It should be noted that emphasis is for the RN to involve the client in the care program to help provide the client with the basic standards of healthy living as follows:
- Physical Activity
- Mental Stimulation
- Personal Contact
Work Hours: This position may require various shifts at various times (including nights, weekends, and sleepovers) in one or more work sites.
Duties: The following list of duties is a guideline for possible duties to be performed independently or as a group of duties in the course of working with the client. The RN’s duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Is aware of areas that make residents subject to abuses and prevent such abuses
- Maintains open lines of communication among the nursing shifts, and departments, supervisors, and families.
- Is aware of safety issues and strives to accomplish all responsibilities in a safe manner, consistently reinforces good safety attitudes and practices displayed by other staff members.
- Controls, prepares, and administers treatments and medications with knowledge of the purpose and adverse effects of the nursing care provided.
- Functions as a knowledgeable and supportive committee member upon request by the Director of Nursing to maintain high levels of health care.
- Complete all documentation for assessments, observations, planning evaluation, orders by physicians, and care provided to clients.
- Utilize professional assessment skills to identify the physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of residents, patients and is able to develop a care plan to meet these needs in a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Functions in a supervisor capacity as assigned for the completion of residents’ and patients’ care, employee’s guidelines and disciplines, and maintenance of a positive environment.
- Functions as a resource person and mentor to peers and subordinates to maintain professional nursing standards.
- Acts on clients’ behalf to assure patient rights and is aware of and prevents residents’ abuse.
- Current certificate in standard first aid and CPR.
- Current RN license in this state or permit to practice.
- Able to supervise (instruct, assign work, etc.) Nursing Assistants, LPVs, and LVNs.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Compassionate, patient, and caring nature.
- Able to work in a stressful environment.
- Must be physically and mentally fit to handle the demands of caregiving.
- The RN will be required to maintain a safe working environment for themselves and their clients.
- There may be emergency situations where the RN will have to react quickly with sound judgment.
- The scope of duties described in this document may not include all duties to be performed by the RN and is subject to change.
Get in Touch
Have questions for us? Don’t hesitate to reach out! We will come up with the best possible staffing solutions for your needs. Please click here to send us a message. You may also set an initial, strictly no-obligation appointment so we can discuss your needs in person.