Job Description – LPN/LVN
Place of Employment: Client homes, work sites outside of the client home as required, and other work sites as required by Empower Staffing LLC’s management.
Accountable to Empower Staffing LLC’s Director, Administrator, Manager, Supervisor, or Nurse-in-Charge.
Job Summary: The LPN/LVN is a frontline position acting as a representative for Empower Staffing LLC’s and providing the services offered by the company. The LPN/LVN duties are not limited to those listed as the position has a wide scope of duties at times dependent on the client and always under the auspices of the company. The LPN/LVN will mostly work independently of co-workers or supervisors and therefore must balance good judgment and initiative along with the policies of the company. It is the responsibility of a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse, under the supervision of the RN Supervisor, Unit Manager, Assistant Director of Nursing, Director of Nursing, and the Administrator, to perform routine treatments and services in the delivery of care to the residents, patients. An LPN/LVN must serve as a staff nurse, at times as a charge nurse on the floor, and is responsible for the daily work assignments of the nursing assistants. An LPN/LVN will provide information for the evaluation of nursing assistants concerning performance appraisals and in educating and listening to family and residents’ concerns.
It should be noted that emphasis is for the LPN to involve the client in the care program to help provide the client with the basic standards of healthy living as follows:
- Physical Activity
- Mental Stimulation
- Personal Contact
Work Hours: This position may require various shifts at various times (including nights, weekends, and sleep-over) in one or more work sites.
Duties: The following list of duties is a guideline for possible duties to be performed independently or as a group of duties in the course of working with the client. The LPN/LVN duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares and administers medications and treatments with knowledge of the purpose and adverse effects of nursing care provided.
- Completes all documentation for observation, planning, and evaluation of care provided to residents, including orders by physicians.
- Functions in monitoring capacity as assigned for completion of resident’s care, employee guidance, and discipline.
- Maintains open lines of communication between nursing shifts, as well as other departments, supervisors, physicians, and families of residents.
- Acts on residents’ behalf to assure patient rights and to prevent resident abuse.
- Acts on first aid knowledge in emergencies.
- Is aware of safety issues, accomplishing responsibilities in a safe manner, re-enforces good safety practices displayed by other staff members.
- Is able to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Works as a team member.
- Is able to perform the following physical activities: Kneeling, Stooping, Standing, Reaching, Pulling/pushing, Walking, Grasping, Moving fingers, Hearing, Talking, Sitting, Repetitive motions
- Current certificate in standard first aid and CPR.
- Current LPN or LVN license in this state, or permit to practice.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Compassionate, patient, and caring nature.
- Able to work in a stressful environment.
- Must be physically and mentally fit to handle the demands of caregiving.
- The LPN/LVN will be required to maintain a safe working environment for themselves and their clients.
- There may be emergency situations where the LPN/LVN will have to react quickly with sound judgment.
- The scope of duties described in this document may not include all duties to be performed by the LPN/LVN and is subject to change.
Get in Touch
Have questions for us? Don’t hesitate to reach out! We will come up with the best possible staffing solutions for your needs. Please click here to send us a message. You may also set an initial, strictly no-obligation appointment so we can discuss your needs in person.